Licensed or unlicensed venues?

Published on 8 March 2021 at 15:00

What if the venue you like is registered (licenced) to carry out weddings but you want your wedding in a different place in the venue or grounds to the 'licensed area' they show you and what if you want a bespoke ceremony?


All is not lost!

There are two ways to do this. Get married first in a registry office, any time, any day of the week, whenever they can fit you in! Then hold your wedding wherever you want, with your venues consent in their building or grounds, (if they need any persuading tell them you'll share some of the picture with them and of course, ask your Celebrant to get involved too, most will know the venue owners or be used to working with them)




Arrange for the registrar to attend carry out the legal document signing, the marriage certificate, whilst your guests enjoy a welcome drink, and then have your wedding anywhere within the building or grounds or do it the other way round, which I think is nicer (and gives you some quality peaceful time together after the ceremony), have your wedding ceremony, then wander off together to the 'licensed area' with your witnesses and the registrar who will carry out the legal ceremony and paper signing whilst your guests enjoy a glass of champagne.


Talk to your Celebrant who will talk to your venue to help make your day truly unique! A good Celebrant knows that planning is now part of what we do!


My thoughts are this will help venues and registrars work alongside Celebrants to make more dream weddings come true now and going forward, which can only be a good thing for everyone :) 

«   »

Add comment


There are no comments yet.